Presenting Ultimate Ice 2 HD Professional Sound Effects Library, the long awaited sequel to Ultimate Ice HD Pro. Recorded over a three month period on the pristine ponds and lakes in North Idaho. This collection was captured with crystal clear detail at 24-Bit 96kHz with the extended frequency range Sennheiser MKH-8040ST XY microphone setup. From the smallest breaks to huge dispersion cracks across lakes hundreds of acres in size, this collection is sure to come in handy on your next “winter” sound design project.
All kinds and thicknesses of ice was recorded and at many different temperatures. It was kicked, cracked, hit with a sledgehammer, crushed into itself and smacked with heavy chunks of ice. Ice debris was dropped and tossed around at many locations for a unbeatable, multiple take set of crash effects. When all these styles of frozen water and air vapor are pitched around with your favorite audio mangling tool, you will be amazed at the broad spectrum of sounds that can be created with the ultra high frequency response of the microphones. Also included is a generous selection of heavy boots walking, running, stomping and sliding on thick ice.
The extreme low frequency nature of some of these ice recordings are perfect for LFE tracks and as additional elements layered in with higher pitch cracks.
Recorded above the ice with a Sennheiser MKH-8040ST microphone rig to capture the large ice temperature fluctuations like the MKH-8040ST can do very well… way down below 20Hz.
Sound Devices 702 – Sennheiser MKH-8040ST – Sennheiser MKH-8040
Files: 143 (365) • Download: 1.01GB • Format: Stereo/Mono • Bit Depth: 24-Bit • Sample Rate: 96kHz • Metadata: Soundminer/BWAV
Complete PDF Sound description list: Sound File List PDF
Complete XLS Sound description list: Sound File List XLS
- Ice, Crack: Drainage Pond – Large Pressure Breaks, Dry 4x
- Ice, Crack: Drainage Pond – Medium Brittle Breaks Dry Debris Short 1 6x
- Ice, Crack: Drainage Pond – Medium Hollow Dry Breaks, Short 11x
- Ice, Crack: Drainage Pond – Medium Hollow Dry Breaks, Short 11x
- Ice, Crack: Drainage Pond – Medium Thick Breaks, Wet Water Movement 8x
- Ice, Crack: Drainage Pond – Micro Thin Breaks, Soft Squeaks 1x
- Ice, Crack: Lake – Large Lake Ice Dispersion Waves 2
- Ice, Crack: Lake – Shoreline, Large Sheet Pressure Cracks, Water Movement 1
- Ice, Crack: Pond – Cracking Movemment, Medium, Wet, Hollow Debris 5x
- Ice, Crack: Pond – Medium Thick Slow Pry And Break Large 3x
- Ice, Crack: Puddle – Large Lake Puddle Pressure Break, Dry, Cold 1 6x
- Ice, Crack: Retaining Pond – Medium Breaks Wet Bubbles Drips 6x
- Ice, Footsteps: Boots – Male, Boots, Heavy, Solid Crunch Medium 1
- Ice, Footsteps: Boots – Male, Boots, Heavy, Solid Medium Run 1
- Ice, Footsteps: Boots – Male, Boots, Heavy, Solid Medium Stomp 1
- Ice, Footsteps: Boots – Male, Walk On Broken Wet Ice Covered Pond
- Ice, Impact: Debris – Chunk Of Solid Ice Drop On Concrete, Break, Debris 9x
- Ice, Impact: Debris – Hollow Ice Sheet Pieces Drop Thin Frigid 8x
- Ice, Impact: Hit With Sledgehammer – Hard Impact, Solid Thunk, Debris Large 13x
- Ice, Impact: Hit With Sledgehammer – Hollow Impact, Some Cracks With Debris 5x
- Ice, Impact: Hit With Sledgehammer – Large Lake Dispersion Ping 3x
- Ice, Impact: Pond – Break Object Through Thin Ice Pond Large Splash 8x
- Ice, Impact: Solid Heavy Drop On Solid Thick Ice Pond, Thud 6x
During the recording sessions for ICE 2 I had some fun interactions with the locals at certain locations. Here are a few clips that didn’t make it into the library and I wanted you to hear some of what us sound recordists capture beyond just the sound effect.
Sound effects recording is usually serious business but these are the moments that make it worth it for me. People. The first is a elderly, hard of hearing fisherman who was amazed that there were fish below the ice. Second is a take when two fisherman showed up at the shore and walked onto the ice. Third is when some skaters were coming back to shore and their dogs arrived just before them. Enjoy! -Frank
The Recordist Blog: Insane Ice Cracks
The Recordist Blog: North Idaho Iceman Vol-1
The Recordist Blog: North Idaho Iceman Vol-2
Purchases made at this website are DIGITAL DOWNLOAD ONLY. No physical shipments of DVDs, CDs or Hard Drive or any other media now known or may be know in the future will be delivered unless special arrangements are made.
Because the TheRecordist.com Web site offers its users the opportunity to audition a sound effects collection before a purchase is made, all transactions conducted at therecordist.com are considered final sales. Please make your license purchasing decisions carefully, because once you have obtained download access to any of our digital sound effects, we are unable to cancel your license or issue a refund for your purchase.
Before purchasing, please take the time to look at our end user license agreement. The sounds are royalty free and licensed to you, which means there are some restrictions, so please read it carefully.
Sales through this site are single and multi-user licenses, if you are working at a media or video game production facility and are interested in a multi-user site license, and are unable to purchase via this website please contact The Recordist for more information.
This work is made and sold under license. By accepting this work, you agree to the following terms and conditions. Your use of this work is limited and restricted solely for the purpose of synchronizing recordings there from in timed relation with films, training or marketing presentations, radio and television presentations or commercials, and any other multimedia, audiovisual or computer generated displays, programs or presentations. Neither you nor anyone else may make any copies of any of the recordings on this work, except as may be designated to a single stand alone workstation for the purpose of specific audio and/or visual synchronization at your own facility. Transfer, copying or duplication of the work in whole or in part for any other purpose is expressly prohibited unless specifically authorized in writing by The Recordist. Transfer of one or more sounds to any format allowing network or remote access by two or more end users requires a Multi-user License. Contact The Recordist for details. In the event of a breach of these terms, action may be taken against you directly by Creative Sound Design, LLC., the owner of the copyright. v4.5 11-23-22
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.