Ultimate Rockslide HD Professional Sound Effects Library from The Recordist contains 500 rockslides, boulders, shale, gravel and falling dirt debris sound effects. Recorded at 24-Bit 96kHz over a period of 3 years in North Idaho rock quarries, gravel pits and my own back yard foley pit.
This diverse collection includes: massive rocks falling down cliffs, huge boulders dropped from a excavator, medium sized impacts and large scraping stone movements. Small stones, dirt, sand and gravel debris round out this one of a kind sound effects library. Multiple performances and variations make this a valuable source of rock and dirt based sound effects for the professional sound designer. From the smallest pebbles falling to massive boulders being dropped from above this sound library has the widest possible range of rock based assets you will find.
Contains the following source and actions:
– Rocks, stones, boulders, pebbles, shale, gravel, dirt, sand.
– Dropped, smashed, hit, thrown, pushed, rolled, scraped, scooped, movements.
Sound Devices 702 – Sony PCM-D1 – Sanken CSS-5 – Audio Technica AT835-ST – John Deere 4110 Tractor – 3 pairs of contractor gloves – 4 Bandaids and 1 back brace
|Library Size||1.23GB (Updated 2022)|
|Format||Stereo/Mono BWAV – 24bit, 96kHz | Mac-Windows|
|Available As||Download Only|
- Gravel, Dirt: Gravel Falling Into Hole, Sand And Rocks, Debris
- Gravel, Dirt: Gravel Falling: Light Sand And Rocks, Rockslide With Debris
- Gravel, Dirt: Sand Debris, Small, Falling Down Hillside
- Gravel, Fall: Small Rocks Fall Down Cliff, Stones And Dirt Debris Rockslide
- Rock, Debris: Crushed Rock Debris Drop, Scatter, Small And Med Sized Rocks
- Rock, Debris: Crushed Rock Debris Movement, Small And Medium Sized Rocks
- Rock, Debris: Crushed Rock Debris Movment, Gritty Scrape
- Rock, Debris: Crushed Rock Debris Scatter, Small And Medium Sized Rocks
- Rock, Single Stone Fall Down Slope
- Rock, Debris: Crushed Rocks Fall Down Slope, Lots Of Debris And Dirt
- Rock, Debris: Rock Drop On Rocky Slope Into Cavern
- Rock, Debris: Rocks Fall Down Rocky Slope, Some Gravel Debris
- Rock, Drop: Rock Fall Onto Rock Pile
- Rock, Fall: Heavy Rock Falls Down Rock Pile, Debris, Tumble
- Rock, Fall: Large Rock Fall, Break Apart, Debris
- Rock, Fall: Large Rocks Fall, Gritty, With Debris
- Rock, Impact: Heavy Rock Drop
- Rock, Impact: Heavy Rock Fall Into Cavern
- Rock, Impact: Large Rock Fall On Rock
- Rock, Impact: Large, Massive Rock Or Boulder Impact On Ground
- Rock, Impact: Medium Rock Impact On Rocks
- Rock, Impact: Medium Rock Impact On Rocks, Breaks Apart Into Debris
- Rock, Movement, Large Rock Movement, Scrape, Gritty Debris
- Rock, Movement: Large, Heavy Stone Debris Movement, Scrape
- Rock, Movement: Large, Heavy Stone Movement, Scrape, Impact At End
- Rock, Movement: Rock Move: Large, Heavy Stones Slide And Scrape
- Rock: Impact On Grassy Hillside, Leaves And Wood Impact, Debris
- Rock: Roll Down Hillside, Leaves And Wood Impacts, Debris
- Rocks, Debris: Small Dirt And Pebbles Drop, Scatter
- Rocks, Debris: Small Dirt And Pebbles Falling Down Slope
- Rocks, Metal: Debris Drop On Sheet metal, Tin Roof
- Rocks, Metal: Debris Slide On Sheet metal, Tin Roof
- Rocks, Metal: Rock Drop On Sheet metal, Tin Roof
- Rocks, Metal: Dirt Debris Falls Into 55 Gallon Oil Drum
- Rocks, Metal: Debris Drop On Thick Solid Steel Blade
- Rocks: Small Rocks Dropped On Rock
- Rockslide: Rock Fall Down Cliff, Some Smaller Rock Debris, Gravel
- Rockslide: Rocks Fall Down Cliff, Large Rock And Gravel Debris
- Rockslide: Rocks Fall Down Cliff, Medium And Small Rock Debris
- Rockslide: Rocks Fall Down Cliff, Some Smaller Rock Debris
- Rockslide: Rocks Fall Down Rocky Slope, Large Rock Debris
The Story Behind Ultimate Rockslide SFX Library
There has not been a video game that I have worked on that didn’t need rock sound effects. Whether it was stuff blowing up, melee impacts, giant footsteps, or castles crumbling, I was always looking for tons of rock source recordings.
Ultimate Rockslide Final Session Photos
Ultimate Rockslide Final Session Photos
On Sunday, August 8th, 2010 I made one last trek up to the rock quarry blasting area to record the final sounds needed for my Ultimate Rockslide SFX Library. I was looking to get breaking, scraping, movements and impacts. After an hour of throwing rocks, climbing around the cliff and pushing boulders around I had 100 new sounds.
Rock Recording April 25 2010
I have a quarry that was blasted out a few years ago nearby. I found an area they blasted that had very large rocks just waiting to be recorded. I climbed up the steep and jagged cliff and pushed, threw and kicked rocks over the side.
Ultimate Rockslide Recording on June 29, 2010
My desire for creating the Ultimate Rockslide sound effects library led me back to my favorite rock quarry high above the city of Sandpoint Idaho. I wandered around for a while and found a location I had not recorded before. It was a very steep slope with huge rocks at the top…. perfect!
All Images and Sounds Copyright 2010 Frank Bry – Creative Sound Design, LLC. All Rights Reserved.