Presenting the highly anticipated Bullets 2 HD Professional Sound Effects Collection. Over a year and a half in the making with thousands of rounds of ammunition shot, this one of a kind collection showcases higher caliber projectiles passing by inches from multiple sets of extended frequency response microphones.
Recorded in three unique locations with a variety of suppressed handguns and high powered suppressed rifles. The locations include a wide open 380 acre field, a farm ranch with a asphalt roadway and a high mountain dirt logging road. The distances the bullets were shot range from 300 feet to over 1000 feet. Most of the collection is recorded with two sets of stereo microphones and two mono microphones. The microphones were placed along the bullets path and on both sides. (See the diagram below for specific placement) There were a few occasions where only a single XY stereo microphone was used because of the difficult weather and time constraints. Most of the bullets were shot from this distance: 1050 Feet (ft) 320 Meters (m) 350 Yards (yd).
Most bullet ricochet sound libraries include just the ricochet or impact. I decided to give you the whole event. A majority of the tracks include the muzzle blast, incoming pass by, impact, ricochet and echo tail even if it hits a tree far off in the distance. I decided to leave it up to you, the sound designer to pick and choose what part of the event to use in your work. Because suppressors were used for most of the recording sessions the background blast and impact echo are kept to a minimum.
Another important aspect of this collection is that you get the bullet event and nothing but the bullet event impacting and ricocheting off pavement, dirt, rocks, grass and snow. Again, it’s up to you to add any other impact material from any source. With this collection you have pristine bullet source material to add to whatever you desire. Whether its metal, wood, or flesh I think it’s much more effective to add that separate source in your sound design. The original Bullets HD Pro collection has quite a bit of “impact” source material available along with my other collections. Check them out, you may find additional material to sweeten these bullet sound effects.
• Sennheiser MKH-8040ST XY: Placed at bullet impact/ricochet
• Sennheiser MKH-8040ST ORTF: Placed closer to shooter
• Sennheiser MKH-8040: Placed opposite MKH-8040ST XY at bullet impact/ricochet
• Sennheiser MKH-8050: Placed near XY at bullet pass by/ricochet
• Sennheiser MKH-8060: Placed near XY at bullet pass by/ricochet (in place of 8050 for some takes)
• 300 AAC Blackout Hornady 208GR 975fps
• 300 AAC Blackout Remington 220GR 1015fps
• 300 AAC Blackout Gorilla 220GR 1040fps
• .22 LR CCI 710fps
• .308 Winchester Lapua 200GR 1066fps
• .308 Winchester 180GR 2570fps
• .223 REM Hornady 75gr 2709fps
• 40 Smith & Wesson Magtech 180gr 990fps
• 40 Smith & Wesson Emcon 180GR 944fps
• 9mm Luger Emcon 147GR 905fps
• 9mm Luger Federal Estate 115GR 1145fps
• 45 ACP American Eagle 230GR 840fps
• Remington 700 Rifle with a Gemtech 7.62mm NATO / .308 “Sandstorm” Suppressor
• Custom Built ACC Blackout Rifle with a Gemtech 7.62mm NATO / .308 “Sandstorm” Suppressor
• RRA LAR-9: 9mm Carbine Rifle (No Suppressor)
• RRA LAR-15: M4 Carbine Rifle with a Gemtech 5.56mm NATO / .223 Suppressor
• Savage Arms Mark II .22LR Rifle with a Gemtech .22 OUTBACK II Suppressor
• Smith & Wesson M&P-40 Handgun with a Gemtech .40 Blackside-40 Suppressor
• Springfield 1911 45 ACP with a Gemtech .45 Blackside-45 Suppressor
(2) Sound Devices 702 – Sound Devices 744T – Sound Devices Mix Pre-D – Sennheiser MKH-8040ST XY & ORTF – Sennheiser MKH-8040 – Sennheiser MKH-8050 – Sennheiser MKH-8060 – LOTS of Ammo!
|Stereo/Mono BWAV – 24bit, 96kHz | Mac-Windows
|PDF Sound List
|XLS Sound List
Video & Blog Posts:
On November 20, 2014 The Recordist ventured out to a 380 acre ranch to record bullet impacts and pass by’s. Here is some of what went down on that very cold and snowy day in North Idaho. Video Blog.
After a year and a half of studying ammunition ballistics and acquiring all kinds of high speed and sub sonic ammunition, the recording of the second installment of Bullets HD Professional SFX library is underway. This time I’m going with larger calibers and shooting longer distances. This recording adventure is not easy and I will say it’s been one heck of a learning curve.
All Images and Sounds Copyright 2015 Frank Bry – Creative Sound Design, LLC. All Rights Reserved.