Presenting Machine Guns HD Pro Sound Effects Library. This 24-Bit / 96 kHz collection features four full automatic weapons.
This gun library is organized into 3 sections: designed, processed and original source files.
1. The designed sounds are specially processed and combined versions derived from the original 10 source tracks. They are over the top, larger than life and can be dropped in a production quickly with little fuss. Some contain all 10 microphone channels but most feature 4 to 6 microphone tracks mixed together in stereo. If you prefer to make your own combinations you can use the processed versions to mix and mangle for whatever your requirements happen to be.
2. The processed files are amped up with transient enhancers, compression, EQ and Limiting. This category is organized in the same fashion as the raw source material and match the original microphone layout, just a little louder and meaner. There is no sub sonic enhancement on any of the processed files. The MKH-8040 pair have exceptional low end characteristics that were brought to life with a vengeance using transient and limiting processes.
3. The original source files are the basic tracks organized and level matched so you can design your own guns with a process you see fit. They have been level matched and edited very carefully to not harm the original recording. Some faint shell casings can be heard in some of the tracks. I tried to minimize this as much as possible while recording but as you might guess, with machine guns there are loads of shell casings flying everywhere while shooting.
Heckler & Koch MP5 – 9mm submachine gun
The Heckler & Koch MP5 is a 9mm submachine gun of German design, developed in the 1960s by a team of engineers from the German small arms manufacturer. The MP5 is one of the most widely used submachine guns in the world, having been adopted by 40 nations and numerous military, law enforcement, intelligence, and security organizations.
Valmet M62 – 7.62x39mm NATO
The Valmet M76 is a gas operated assault rifle of Finnish origin, which was also made in semi-automatic version for civilian market. It is a modified AK-47 based on the Rk 62 design and uses 7.62x39mm M43 ammunition. The gun was in production from 1976 to 1986. Its receiver is made from stamped and riveted sheet metal, instead of Rk 62’s milled receiver.
(2) Bushmaster M4 Type Carbine – 5.56x45mm NATO, .223 Remington (7 inch & 11.5 inch barrel)
The M4 Type Carbine is a reproduction of the Colt M4 Carbine, but is usually only semi-automatic for legality within the U.S. civilian market. However, it can be ordered by military or law enforcement organizations with three-round burst or fully automatic capability. The rifle accepts both .223 Remington and 5.56x45mm NATO cartridges, and the barrel is hard chrome lined in both the bore and chamber.
(4) Sound Devices 702 – (2) Sennheiser MKH-8040 – (1) Sennheiser MKH-8040ST – Sennheiser MKH-8060 – Sennheiser MKH-416 – Sanken CSS-5 – Audio Technica AT-835ST – Sony PCM-D1 w/XLR1
Files: 176(1800+) • Download: 3.4GB • Format: Stereo/Mono • Bit Depth: 24-Bit • Sample Rate: 96kHz • Metadata: Soundminer/BWAV
5.1 SURROUND SOUND
There is also the option of using these sounds in 5.1 surround creating a huge sense of space from the reverb tail outs along with a “close up an personal” perspective from the close in microphones. Below is a screen grab I made while testing the files in surround. You can follow this template and adjust to your own needs. It’s possible to use other microphone combinations for the LFE, center and L-R. I chose the MKH-8060 because it had a certain ‘Oomph” to it’s sound.